©2001-2016 by Arlo E. Moehlenpah
Please email any comments or suggestions to us at Moehlenpah@aol.com.
Judges Chapter 1
2. When the Israelites captured him they cut off his thumbs and great toes. He had previously done that to seventy kings. He said "as I have done, so God has requited me"
4. They had chariots of iron.
5. Benjamin, Manasseh, Ephraim, Zebulun, Asher, Naphtali
Judges Chapter 2
1. They had not obeyed the Lord, who told them to throw down the altars and not to make a league with the nations of the lands they possessed.
2. Another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel
3. They forsook the LORD and served Baal and Ashtaroth.
4. Into the hands of spoilers that spoiled them, and he sold them into the hands of their enemies
5. Judges, which delivered them out of the hand of those that spoiled them
6. They returned, and corrupted themselves more than their fathers, in following other gods to serve them, and to bow down to them
Judges Chapter 3
1. To prove Israel by them, to know whether they would listen to the commandments of the LORD
3. He was left handed
4. He was very fat
5. Eighty years
6. An ox goad
Judges Chapter 4
1. Nine hundred
3. When he fled to the tent of Jael, she gave him milk to drink and he fell asleep. Jael then took a nail from the tent and with a hammer drove it through his temples.
Judges Chapter 5
1. They sang praise to the Lord
2. Curse Meroz; because they came not to the help of the LORD against the mighty.
3. Why is his chariot so long in coming? why tarry the wheels of his chariots?
Judges Chapter 6
1. They destroyed the increase of the earth, and left no sustenance for Israel. And Israel was greatly impoverished because of the Midianites
2. By the wine press where Gideon threshed wheat
3. The LORD is with you, you mighty man of valor.
4. If the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our fathers told us of?
5. Fire out of the rock that consumed the flesh and the unleavened cakes.
6. Throw down the altar of Baal that his father had, and cut down the grove that was by it: And build an altar to the LORD
7. Let Baal plead for himself, because one has cast down his altar.
One day the
fleece of wool was wet and the ground dry. The next day the fleece was dry
and the ground was wet.
Back to Judges Study Questions
Judges Chapter 7
3. He heard a man tell a dream and another give the meaning, which was that God would deliver Midian into the hands of Israel through Gideon
4. Each had a trumpet, an empty pitcher and a lamp inside the pitcher
5. The sword of the LORD, and of Gideon.
Judges Chapter 8
1. Taught them with thorns of the wilderness and briers
2. Beat it down
3. Slew them, and took away the ornaments that were on their camels' necks.
4. He made an ephod of the gold they took as spoils, and put it in his city, even in Ophrah: and the thing became a snare to Gideon, and to his house.
5. Forty years
6. The children of Israel turned again, to Baalim, made Baalberith their god, and remembered not the LORD their God, who had delivered them out of the hands of all their enemies. Neither showed they kindness to the house of Gideon
Judges Chapter 9
2. They were in a tower to which Abimelech set on fire
3. When Abimelech approached a tower in Thebez a woman of that city dropped a piece of a millstone on Abimelech's head, and broke his skull. As he was about to die he asked his armor bearer to slay with a sword because he did not want it said that a women slew him.
Judges Chapter 10
3. Eighteen years
4. Did not I deliver you from the Egyptians, and from other enemies when they oppressed you; and you cried to me, and I delivered you out of their hand. Yet you have forsaken me, and served other gods, go and cry to the gods which you have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation.
Judges Chapter 11
2. He did not listen to the words of Jephthah
3. If the Lord would deliver the children of Ammon into his hands, Then it shall be, that whatever comes forth of the doors of my house to meet me I will offer it up for a burnt offering.
Judges Chapter 12
1. If he could not pronounce Shibboleth
2. Ibzan, Elon, and Abdon
Judges Chapter 13
1. Forty years
2. No razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb: and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines.
3. The angel of the LORD ascended in the flame of the altar
Judges Chapter 14
1. A woman in Timnath of the daughters of the Philistines
2. A young lion
3. From Samson's wife
4. He killed thirty men of Ashkelon and took their clothes
5. She was given to his companion, whom he had used as his friend
Judges Chapter 15
1. He caught three hundred foxes, turned them tail to tail, and put a firebrand in the middle between two tails. When he had set the brands on fire, he let them go into the standing corn of the Philistines.
2. Slew a thousand Philistines
3. Twenty years
Back to Judges Study Questions
Judges Chapter 16
1. To the top of an hill that is before Hebron.
3. His consecration to God as a Nazarite, having never cut his hair.
4. Took him, put out his eyes, and brought him to Gaza, bound him with fetters of brass; and made him grind in the prison house
5. He pulled down the pillars of a great building where 3000 Philistines were celebrating their victory over him. The collapsing building killed both him and the Philistines.
Judges Chapter 17
1. A graven image and a molten image
2. There was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
3. A young man out of Bethlehemjudah of the family of Judah, who was a Levite
Judges Chapter 18
1. Careless, quiet and secure
2. The carved image, the ephod, the teraphim, the molten image and his priest.
3. They were far from the Zidonians, and had no business with any man
Judges Chapter 19
1. There was no king in Israel,
2. They knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning and she died
3. He divided her with a knife, together with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel.
Judges Chapter 20
1. Deliver the men, the children of Belial, which were in Gibeah, in order to put them to death, and put away evil from Israel.
2. Left handed; every one could sling stones at an hair breadth, and not miss.
3. They pretended to flee drawing Benjamin out of the city so the liers in wait could set the city on fire and ambush them
4. About twenty-five thousand
Judges Chapter 21
2. They caught a girl of the daughters of Shiloh who was dancing at the yearly feast.
3. In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
Copyright © 2000-2016 Arlo & Jane Moehlenpah • Doing Good Ministries