©2001-2016 by Arlo E. Moehlenpah
Please email any comments or suggestions to us at Moehlenpah@aol.com.
I Samuel Chapter 1
2. Because she had no children and Peninnah provoked her about this
3. If the Lord would give her a boy then she would give him to the LORD all the days of his life
4. He thought she was drunk
5. She brought him to the house of the LORD in Shiloh and lent him to the Lord all the days of his life
I Samuel Chapter 2
1. They knew not the Lord and did wickedly including fornication
2. A coat
3. Three sons and two daughters.
4. Laying with the women that assembled at the door of the tabernacle
5. His sons, Hophni and Phinehas, would both die in one day
6. A faithful priest
I Samuel Chapter 3
2. Speak, LORD; for your servant hears.
3. That God was going to judge the house of Eli because his sons were vile and Eli did not restrain them.
4. All Israel from Dan even to Beersheba knew that Samuel was established to be a prophet of the LORD.
I Samuel Chapter 4
1. All Israel shouted with a great shout, so that the earth rang again
2. 30,000 footmen plus Eli's sons Hophni and Phineas
3. He fell from off the seat backward by the side of the gate, and his neck broke, and he died: for he was an old man, and heavy.
4. She gave birth to a son and died
5. Because the glory was departed from Israel: the ark of God was taken and her father in law and her husband died.
I Samuel Chapter 5
1. Dagon fell down twice before the ark, the second time its head and hands broke off.
3. Send away the ark of the God of Israel, and let it go again to his own place.
I Samuel Chapter 6
1. Five golden tumors, and five golden mice
2. They took two milk cows, and tied them to the cart, and shut up their calves at home and the cows pulled the cart to Bethshemesh rather than returning to their calves
3. Because they had looked into the ark of the LORD,
4. The inhabitants of Kirjathjearim
I Samuel Chapter 7
1. Twenty years
2. The LORD thundered with a great thunder on that day on the Philistines, and discomfited them
3. Ebenezer, saying, Till now has the LORD helped us
4. In circuit to Bethel, Gilgal, Mizpeh, and Ramah
I Samuel Chapter 8
1. Because Samuel's sons did not walk in his ways and because Israel wanted to be like other nations
2. They have not rejected you, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them
3. He would take their sons to be soldiers, their daughters to be cooks, and their substance. They would be his servants.
4. They still wanted a king
I Samuel Chapter 9
1. From his shoulders and upward he was taller than any of the people
2. They could not find the asses of Saul's father
3. To morrow about this time I will send you a man out of the land of Benjamin, and you shall anoint him to be captain over my people
4. He was from the smallest of the tribes of Israel and his family the least of all the families of the tribe of Benjamin
5. So that Samuel could show Saul the word of God.
I Samuel Chapter 10
1. Anointed him with oil to be captain over the Lord's inheritance?
2. The Spirit of the LORD will come on Saul, and he would prophesy with them, and be turned into another man.
3. Hid among the stuff.
4. God save the king
5. A band of men, whose hearts God had touched
Back to I Samuel Study Questions
I Samuel Chapter 11
1. Thrust out the right eyes of the men of Jabeshgilead
2. He took a yoke of oxen, cut them in pieces, and sent them throughout all the coasts of Israel, saying, Whoever comes not forth after Saul and after Samuel, so shall it be done to his oxen.
3. He made Saul king and sacrificed peace offerings
I Samuel Chapter 12
1. Uprightly. He did not steal, defraud, oppress or take bribes
2. The hand of the LORD would be against them, as it was against their fathers
3. So they would see that their wickedness was great, in asking for a king
4. Ceasing to pray for them
I Samuel Chapter 13
1. Offered a burnt offering.
2. His kingdom would not continue: and the LORD sought a man after his own heart, to be captain over his people
3. Saul and Jonathan
I Samuel Chapter 14
1. They went up to a garrison of Philistines and slew 20 of them
2. The earth quaked
3. Saul charged his men that day not to eat until evening but Jonathan had not heard this command and ate some honey
4. Abner, the son of Ner, Saul's uncle
I Samuel Chapter 15
1. Utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
2. Agag the king of the Amalekites and the best of the sheep, oxen, fatted calves, lambs, and all that was good
3. He told Samuel "I have performed the commandment of the LORD"
4. The people
5. To obey
7. The LORD had rejected Saul from being king over Israel. The LORD rent the kingdom of Israel from Saul, and given it to a neighbor, that was better than him.
8. Hewed Agag in pieces
9. Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death
I Samuel Chapter 16
1. To Jesse the Bethlehemite
2. The heart
3. Keeping the sheep
4. a horn of oil, and anointed him in the middle of his brothers
5. An evil spirit from the LORD troubled him and it was recommended that someone play a harp to refresh him
I Samuel Chapter 17
1. His height was six cubits and a span.(Approximately 9 feet six inches tall)
2. If a man from Israel fought and killed him then the Philistines would be their servants. However if he killed the Israelite then Israel would be their servants.
3. He was bringing food to his three oldest brothers who were in Saul's army.
4. Great riches and his daughter
5. Pride, and naughtiness of heart
6. He thought David was not able to go against the Philistine to fight him: because he was but a youth, and Goliath was a man of war.
7. A lion and a bear
8. His armor, helmet of brass and a coat of mail.
9. Five smooth stones and his sling
10. Am I a dog, that you come to me with staves? I will give your flesh to the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.
11. David and ran toward the Philistine, put his hand in his bag, took a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead
12. He took Goliath's sword and cut off his head
13. When they saw the Philistines fleeing after Goliath's death.
14. Goliath's head
I Samuel Chapter 18
1. Jonathan, Saul's son.
2. Saul set him over the men of war
3. When the women sang "Saul has slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands."
4. A javelin
5. Because the LORD was with him, and was departed from Saul
6. They loved David
7. He was hoping the Philistines would kill him
8. Two hundred foreskins of the Philistines
I Samuel Chapter 19
1. Jonathan and his servants
2. Threw it at David but it missed and went into the wall
3. Michal, David's wife
Back to I Samuel Study Questions
I Samuel Chapter 20
1. To not cut off kindness from Jonathan's house for ever
2. As he loved his own soul.
3. Jonathan would shoot three arrows and tell the lad gathering them that the arrows were beyond him
I Samuel Chapter 21
1. Hallowed bread:
2. Doeg, an Edomite, the chief herdsmen forSaul.
3. Goliath’s sword
4. He was sore afraid of Achish the king of Gath whose servants said “ Is this not David of whom they sang David has slain his thousands”
I Samuel Chapter 22
1. Every one that was in distress, in debt, and was discontented
2. The priests
I Samuel Chapter 23
1. Delivered him from the Philistines
2. The men of Keilah
3. Every day
I Samuel Chapter 24
1. Cut off the skirt of Saul's robe but did not kill him
2. He was anointed of the LORD
3. David was more righteous than Saul
4. He would not cut off Saul’s seed or destroy his name out of his father's house.
I Samuel Chapter 25
1. Bread, water, and meat
2. She brought two hundred loaves, two bottles of wine, five sheep ready dressed, five measures of parched corn, an hundred clusters of raisins, and two hundred cakes of figs to David
3. His heart died within him, and he became as a stone
4. The wife of David
I Samuel Chapter 26
1. Smite Saul with a spear as he was sleeping
2. Saul’s spear and a cruse of water
3. He had sinned, played the fool, and erred exceedingly
I Samuel Chapter 27
1. In the country of the Philistines
2. Lest they should tell the Philistines about what he had done
I Samuel Chapter 28
3. They would die in one day
I Samuel Chapter 29
1. They were afraid that in the mist of battle David would turn against them
2. Return into the land of the Philistines
I Samuel Chapter 30
1. The Amalekites had burned Ziklag with fire and taken their wives, sons, and daughters captives
2. David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.
3. All that the Amalekites had carried away
4. The same as those who went to battle
5. To the elders of Judah, even to his friends
I Samuel Chapter 31
1. Saul and his three sons
2. They cut off his head and fastened his body to the wall of Bethshan
3. They took the bodies of Saul and his sons from the wall of Bethshan, burnt them and took their bones, and buried them under a tree at Jabesh
Copyright © 2000-2016 Arlo & Jane Moehlenpah • Doing Good Ministries