©2001-2016 by Arlo E. Moehlenpah
Please email any comments or suggestions to us at Moehlenpah@aol.com.
Esther Chapter 1
2. To come at the king's commandment and show her beauty
3. All the women will despise their husbands and there will arise contempt and wrath
4. Give her royal estate to another that is better than she
Esther Chapter 2
1. Bring all the fair virgins to the keeper of the king’s women and let the maiden that pleased the king be chosen as queen.
2. Her cousin Mordecai
3. Her people nor her kindred:
5. Two of the king's chamberlains, Bigthan and Teresh, of those which kept the door, were wroth, and sought to lay hands on the king Ahasuerus
6. In the book of the chronicles before the king.
Esther Chapter 3
1. Haman, the Agagite
3. Destroy all the Jews that were throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus,
4. Letters, to destroy, to kill, and to cause to perish, all Jews, both young and old, little children and women, in one day
Esther Chapter 4
1. Rent his clothes, put on sackcloth with ashes, and cried with a loud and a bitter cry even before the king's gate
2. Great mourning , fasting, weeping, wailing; and many lay in sackcloth and ashes
3. Go in to the king, to make supplication to him, and to make request before him for the Jews
4. Put to death, except such to whom the king held out the golden scepter
5. Enlargement and deliverance would arise to the Jews from another place; but she and her father's house would be destroyed
6. Who knows whether you are come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
7. She decided to go and said “If I perish, I perish”.
Esther Chapter 5
1. The king held out to Esther the golden scepter that was in his hand and asked of her request
2. Let the king and Haman come that day to the banquet that she had prepared
3. Let the king and Haman come to the banquet that she would prepare for them the next day
4. Haman saw that Mordecai stood not up, nor moved for him
5. Build a gallows fifty cubits high and request permission of the king to hang Mordecai on it.
Esther Chapter 6
1. He could not sleep
2. The book of records of the chronicles; here it was written, that Mordecai had told of Bigthana and Teresh, who sought to lay hand on the king Ahasuerus
3. What honor and dignity has been done to Mordecai for this?
4. What shall be done to the man whom the king delights to honor?
5. He thought the king wanted to honor him.
6. Array the man with the king’s royal apparel and crown and bring him on the king’s horse through the street of the city, and have the kings noble princes proclaim before him, Thus shall it be done to the man whom the king delights to honor.
8. That Haman was going to fall before Mordecai
Esther Chapter 7
1. That the Jews be spared
2. That the adversary and enemy was wicked Haman.
3. He was afraid and fell on the bed where on Esther was
4. About to rape Esther
5. On the gallows that he had prepared for Mordecai
Esther Chapter 8
1. The king’s ring and royal apparel of blue and white, with a great crown of gold, and with a garment of fine linen and purple
3. That a letter be written to reverse the letters devised by Haman, which he wrote to destroy the Jews which were in all the king's provinces:
4. The king granted the Jews to stand for their life, to destroy, to slay and to cause to perish, all the people that would assault them, and to take the spoil of them
5. The Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a good day.
Esther Chapter 9
1. All the rulers of the provinces, and the lieutenants, and the deputies, and officers of the king
2. Smote them with the stroke of the sword, and slaughter, and destruction
3. They were slain and then hanged on the gallows
4. For the Jews each year to remember this great deliverance
Esther Chapter 10
1. In the book of the chronicles of the kings of Media and Persia
Copyright © 2000-2016 Arlo & Jane Moehlenpah • Doing Good Ministries